Better Days

Welcome to the blog of Doug "Duke" Lang, songwriter and host of Better Days, a radio show spinning journeys from music and language, heard Thursdays ten-to-midnight Pacific time at www.coopradio.org Listen to songs at www.myspace.com/dukelang

Name:
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Blues For Disa

better days

for Þórdís Guðmundsdóttir in 101 Reykjavik

A BLUES FOR DISA

Miss you
Miss you so
So sad you had to go
No sweeter one under the sun
Miss you so

You went north
I went south
No more kisses on my mouth
No hand to hold
Mine’s getting cold
Miss you so

You took a plane
I took a train
You took the sun
Left me the rain
Blue moon
Come back soon
Miss you so

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder
Today I understand those words
Gypsy souls were born to wander
Makes us free and lonesome as the birds

Come back soon
Bring the moon
Set it down above this town
I’m not looking for another
Miss you so

DL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home