Better Days

Welcome to the blog of Doug "Duke" Lang, songwriter and host of Better Days, a radio show spinning journeys from music and language, heard Thursdays ten-to-midnight Pacific time at www.coopradio.org Listen to songs at www.myspace.com/dukelang

Name:
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Gone Fishin'

On Monday, I leave for an extended adventure in
Europe. I ought to be able to blog now and then while
overseas, but not at the previous rate.

I'll be in Iceland for the first half of my journey,
visiting my dear friend, Thordis Gudmundsdottir,
and from there it's a visit to Norway to record
with Magne Hellesjo and Mike Beck. I will also be
visiting Sweden, England and Ireland. Holland is
a possibility. I'll close the trip with a couple days
in Scotland visiting with Karine Polwart, taking in
her homecoming concert in Walkerburn. Lots of
friends to see, lots of music and, of course, the
great unknown of travelling and meeting people.

In my absence, Better Days will feature a variety
of great guest hosts. Ruth Leibik will be doing her
usual hosting of the last Thursday of each month.
My old friend, Paul Norton, one of the first people
I met when I moved to Vancouver, will be doing
this week's show and I'll post his bulletin about it
before leaving.

I've been awfully busy preparing for this getaway,
and wish I had the presence of mind to post a
deeper thought just now. But the energy of the
road is already teeming in me, so I'll get back to
packing and cleaning up the apartment. The next
time I post here will be from Reykjavik.

Takk, bless

Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home